Franchising: Us & You
Pet ownership and spending on pets is a multi-billion dollar industry in America. In fact, the American Pet Products Association estimates that spend in 2020 will hit $99 billion. This number has steadily increased year over year, even during challenging economic cycles.
- 85 million households have a pet (dog-63.4, cat-42.7)
- Over the last 30 years pet ownership has gone from 56% to 67% of all U.S. households.
- Pet ownership is increasing by generation as well: baby boomers account for 32% of pets owned, but households headed by younger cohorts now account for 62% of pet ownership.
“Pet specialty retailers who establish themselves as trusted resources within their communities continue to enjoy the benefits of these positive trends, as parents increasingly seek the best advice and products for their pets.”
This phenomenon was particularly evident during the last economic downturn, when the pet industry enjoyed a more comfortable ride as other industries were challenged.
Why Franchise with Leo&Lucky’s?
At Leo&Lucky’s, we were proven pet retailers first. We feel this sets us apart from many of our peers that began as franchisors, without the vast understanding of the core business that experience provides. The same breadth of skills that made us successful pet retailers, is what we leverage to empower folks with a passion for pets to share their knowledge with others.
To provide the utmost personalized attention that each of our franchisees deserve; we are currently seeking qualified individuals with a desire to own a business based in our home state of Florida.
More specifically, we are searching for individuals that possess these qualities:
- Strong passion for helping people and their pets
- Enjoy delivering concierge level customer service
- Unwavering desire to be successful
- Thrive in a fast paced and dynamic setting
- Willingness to follow an established system
- Loyal to building and protecting the brand value
- Desire to serve the community
- Highest values, morals, and ethical standards
- Well organized, with an ownership mindset to the bottom line
- Net worth of $750k and liquidity of $350k
Learn about the training and support we offer.
Get our Free E-Book: The Amazing Potential of the Pet Industry
Download this 12-page e-book about the incredible pet industry to learn more about why we love being pet store owners! Fill out the form to receive in your inbox.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. Currently, the following states regulate the offer and sale of franchises: California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you are a resident of or want to locate a franchise in one of these states, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with applicable pre-sale registration and disclosure requirements in your state.